To be Done :
More explanation using partitions and CSS
I will have 2 call flow
Incoming Fax 1 : PSTN >> Gateway (2811) >>Callmanager >> Hylafax
Incoming Fax 2: LocalFax >>Callmanager >>Hylafax
Outgoing Fax 1 : Hylafax >> Callmanager >> Gateway (2811) >> PSTN
Outgoing Fax 2 : Hylafax >> Callmanager >> LocalFax
The used Gateway is MGCP
CallManager Version is CallManager 7.1.5
- Your internal or local Fax must not be behind an ATA
- If you are using ATA , you must manage you call Flow to pass a Gateway VG or 2800
- Must use CallManager 6 or later
- Internal Fax numbers 50x (500 up to 509)
- Internal DID : 046646350X
- PST Fax Number : 0122904223
- The digit to dial for outgoing calls will be 0 , so to dial the PSTN Fax you will have to dial 00122904223
- Enable T38 for MGCP : Device >>Gateway
- Disable Cisco Fax Relay
- Create H323 Trunk :Inter-Cluster Trunk (Non-Gatekeeper Controlled)
- Device >> Trunk >> Add New
- Give a Device Name , Ex : FaxServerTrunk
- Server 1 IP Address/Host Name : Type the IP Address of the Hylafax server
Before going ahead with the CSS configuration , let’s agree on the outgoing and incoming configuration that has to be done for the Trunk. The CallManager is the center , so if it is going out of the CallManager , it will be considered as out going route information , the next Schema will give better explanation
So the incoming trunk CSS will be used for you Hylafax outgoing Faxes
EX: suppose you will allow only national Number for outgoing fax , then set the
Calling Search Space = CSS_Nationl
What is T38Modem
- It is not a modem.
- From a FAX application’s view point (e.g. HylaFAX) T38modem looks like a class 1 FAX modem pool.
- From an IP network view point it’s a H.323 endpoint with T.38 FAX support. Recent versions also support SIP.
- From your view point it’s a gateway between a fax application and an IP network.
sudo apt-get install t38modem
sudo apt-get install hylafax-server hylafax-client hylafax-doc
- I use Ubuntu 10.04 server edition
- if you have pb installing T38Modem or hylafax , pls refer to my friend Google :-)
AvantFAX® is a web application for managing faxes on HylaFAX™ fax servers.
please refer to http://www.avantfax.com/install.php , they have a good installation procedure.
t38modem -o /var/log/t38modem.log –h245tunneldisable -p ttyp1,ttyp2 –old-asn –route firstname.lastname@example.org -n -t
-p ttyp1,ttyp2: accept all incoming faxes , it can be replaced by -p 501@ttyp1,502@ttyp2 , this will allow only incoming fax to 501 and 502
!!!!! Attention!!!!!! the tty can have different names dependingon your OS , it might be ttys1 or ttyx1 or just like my case it was ttyp1
–route email@example.com : route all numbers starting with 9 to the Callmanager (outgoing Fax) , be careful the callManager will not see the “9″, it will be discarded by t38modem
sudo /etc/init.d/hylafax restart
You may want to setup hylafax after starting T38modem to allow hylafax self configurations :
This is normally a one time command
Let me know if this worked for you , or if you have any remarks .